Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 26 November.
- Newspaper article: Lonsdale Battalion - Further list of Recruits.
- Redmaynes of Wigton sends 999 suits caps to Blackhall Camp.
- Telegram from Mrs. Dixon of Wood View, Carlisle: “Could the Lonsdale Battalion use ½ a ton of jam? It is offered as a present from some people in Carlisle.” 
- Letter to Lt-Col. Machell: “The Committee of the Wesley House Soldiers’ Institute....that there will be a concert for Soldiers (admission free) at the Y.M.C.A. Hall on Saturday....The Committee are sorry to find that another Concert for Soldiers is to be given in the Bank Street institute on the same evening. They think that everyone working for these brave men who are ready to give their lives for their King and Country should work in harmony and that there should be no competition.” 
- Newspaper article: The King's Message to the Lonsdales.
- Battalion situated in billets at Gorenflos.
- Battalion parades then leaves Gezaincourt at 8.15pm; arrives Berteaucourt 1pm. General Barns watches as the Lonsdales march past him en route.
- Battalion situated at Wesroosebeek, holding the line, all quiet.
- 'B' Company captures one prisoner on night of 26–27 November. 8 other ranks wounded, 2 missing.
- Deaths: John Henry Atkinson (13469 Cpl.) • William Herbert Hartley (25804 Cpl.)
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.
- Workington Star and Harrington Guardian, published 26 November, 1914.
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/62
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/?
- Record No. DLONS/L/13/13/258
- Workington Star and Harrington Guardian, published 26 November, 1915.
- 11th Battalion War Diary, November to December 1915
- 11th Battalion War Diary, November 1916
- 11th Battalion War Diary, November 1917
- Soldiers Died in the Great War (1921) / Commonwealth War Graves Commission