Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 23 November.
- The Lonsdales leave Folkstone for Boulogne at 9:30am on the Princess Victoria. They spend the night at a rest-camp.
- Battalion strength: 23 officers, 896 other ranks.
- Battalion situated in billets at Mailly-Maillet. The rescue party remains in trenches but no result.
- Orders are received to march. At 1.25pm the Lonsdales parade and march for Arqueves; arrives at 4.30pm. Draft of 12 men reported.
- Battalion situated at Hill Top Farm preparing battle stores and equipment.