- For events that took place elsewhere in the Great War, see The Great War:11 November.
Lonsdale Battalion events that took place on 11 November.
- Enlistments: William Bell (16441 Pte.) • Thomas Haycroft (16362 Pte.) • George William Jackson (17331 Pte.)
- Lt-Col. Machell telegram: “Enlist up to fifteen at Appleby if quite exceptionally good but tell them we are now only taking the best to replace a few undesirables. 305 should be extreme limit as A and B companies now complete and West Cumberland men pouring in for D as result march.” 
- Lt-Col. Machell’s telegram to D Company: “Strength D Company yesterday night 219 so do not require more than 50 altogether please make certain of only sending best men and then open waiting list.” 
- Route march of 1 sergeant, 2 corporals and 40 privates of B Company through Brampton.
- Battalion situated at La Vicogne involved in general parades.
- Brigadier General Jardine meets all officers of 97th Brigade. Lonsdale officers under Commanding Officer for tactical scheme.
- Battalion situated in the Winnezeele Area marches to 'Road Camp' at 8.18am. Arrive 12 noon.
References / notes
Material from Timeline/Chronology of the Lonsdale Battalion (September 1914 - May 1915) are sourced from the DLONS/L/13/13 Lowther Estate Archives. Entries from this timeline are reproduced here with kind permission of Jim Lowther and are not available under the license of this site. Please do not publish these extracts on other publicly visible media without prior permission from the copyright holder.